Author Topic: Dazzling Diamonds  (Read 1060 times)

OfflineKristin

Dazzling Diamonds
| May 16, 2016, 04:06:19 PM

Diamonds have delighted women and poets for centuries. They are the most revered, most praised, of gemstones. Diamonds are the traditional birthstone for April. Although they come in many colors, clear or white diamonds are the most popular variety. Most people would agree with poet Anne Sexton's description of "diamond as white as sun on the sea."
"I have always felt a gift diamond shines so much better than one you buy for yourself."  ~ Mae West

That attitude may have made sense when Mae West was filming black and white movies, but today, there's nothing wrong with a woman buying herself jewelry. After all, who knows your taste better than you? A 21st century woman doesn't need a man to buy her jewelry; she's perfectly capable of earning the money to treat herself, and possesses the discriminating taste to choose the right necklace or brooch to complement her appearance.

Some people prefer not to use real diamonds in their jewelry. For some, it's because of budget, others to avoid being a target of thieves, and still others for moral reasons. Actress/comedienne Rita Rudner said, "My husband gave me a necklace.  It's fake.  I requested fake.  Maybe I'm paranoid, but in this day and age, I don't want something around my neck that's worth more than my head." 

Article Source: http://www.swcreations.net/